Autism Friendly Screening | Missing Link
1 June 2019 1:30pm
£6 all ticketsBook now
Length: 95 mins
Director: Chris Butler
Cast: Zoe Saldana, Hugh Jackman, Timothy Olyphant
Hugh Jackman is Sir Lionel Frost: a brave and dashing adventurer who considers himself to be the world’s foremost investigator of myths and monsters. The trouble is, no one else seems to agree. He sees a chance to prove himself by traveling to America’s Pacific Northwest to discover the world’s most legendary creature. A living remnant of Man’s primitive ancestry. The Missing Link.
Zach Galifianakis is Mr. Link: the slightly silly, surprisingly smart and soulful beast who Sir Lionel discovers. As species go, he’s as endangered as they get; he’s possibly the last of his kind, he’s lonely, and he believes that Sir Lionel is the one man alive who can help him. Together they set out on a daring quest around the world to seek out Link’s distant relatives in the fabled valley of Shangri-La.
Along with the independent and resourceful Adelina Fortnight (Zoe Saldana), who possesses the only known map to the group’s secret destination, the unlikely trio embarks on a riotous
rollercoaster ride of a journey. Along the way, our fearless explorers encounter more than their fair share of peril, stalked at every turn by dastardly villains seeking to thwart their mission. Through it all, Mr. Link’s disarming charm and good-humoured conviction provide the emotional and comedic foundation of this fun-filled family movie.
“It’s a feast of a movie with dazzling visuals and terrifically acted by the voice cast.” ★★★ – Guardian
“A sweet, touching, and seriously fun adventure comedy.” – Variety
“It’s a witty global adventure full of bravura set pieces and sharp, stylised characters.” ★★★★ – Times
Firstsite aims to provide a relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism. The following adjustments will be made to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
• Cinema lights kept at a low level.
• Sound played at a lower level.
• No trailers or additions are played before the film.
• Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. The Firstsite cinema is large and we do not expect the screening to be full, so please feel free to move seats during the film.
• Availability of a chill out zone close to the cinema.
• Free entry for carers with valid CEA card.
As well as the above, the following optional additions are available:
• Ear defenders at Front Desk (subject to availability)
• A social story for this screening will be available soon.
Tickets for this screening can be booked at the top of this page, over the phone (01206 713 700) or in person by visiting Firstsite.