Terms and Conditions
Firstsite Prize Draw: win cinema tickets for a year
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
Who may enter:
- This free prize draw (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How to enter:
- To take part in this Promotion, entrants must sign up to, and confirm subscription of, the Firstsite newsletter between 12pm Thursday 16th August and 11.59pm Friday 28th September 2018 (“Promotion Period”) by visiting https://www.firstsite.uk/prize-draw.
- Existing newsletter subscribers will have the opportunity to enter the prize draw within the Promotion Period by completing the form on https://www.firstsite.uk/prize-draw or responding to the prize draw newsletter with their entry.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Maximum of one entry 1 per person. Maximum 1 prize per person.
- The “entrant” is the person whose name is identified on the mode of entry.
Winner selection and notification:
- There will be 1 winner for this Promotion.
- The winner will be notified by email on Monday 1 October 2018.
- The winner will win up to eight cinema tickets to use per month until Monday 1 October 2019. The winner may use their tickets by bringing guests but not exceeding the total number of remaining tickets for a given month. Any additional guests will be charged at the normal rate. The winner must attend all screenings in which Prize tickets are used. Unused tickets will not roll over to the next month. Prize excludes travel to the event and parking. The Prize is awarded in the form of eight cinema tickets per month.
- To be eligible to claim the prize, the winner must respond to the prize notification email within 24 hours. Failure to respond within the requested period or provide their personal details will result in the prize being forfeited by the prize winner. The Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- Unless expressly stated within these terms and conditions, all other expenses relating to the Prize is the responsibility of the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize excludes any costs for transport, travel, accommodation, spending money, meals, travel documentation and insurance, other than specified.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part thereof) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the Prize is non-transferable.
Exclusions and limitations:
- The prize tickets may not be used for special event screenings or ‘Live’ broadcast and encore events.
- Ticket redemption is subject to availability. To redeem Prize tickets, the winner must book at least 24 hours in advance.
- Attending guests of the Winner who wish to use Prize tickets will be admitted at the sole discretion of the on duty Firstsite manager.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next three paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described below will apply. References to the “Promoter” include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- Subject to the above paragraph, the Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) acts, omissions and occurrences beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, including but not limited to:
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- If this Promotion is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law). Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Instagram or Twitter bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or un-sportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- Entries may be subject to moderation. The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to deem an entry to be ineligible should it contain offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize;
d) problems with the allotment or dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
e) any act, omission or default of any third-party supplier.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoter’s request.
- The winner may be required for promotional activity e.g. photographs to be taken and are required to make themselves available without charge for publicity purposes and agree to publication of his/her name. It is a condition of a guest attending the Prize that they provide the same consent.
English Law applies:
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize(s)), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize(s)).
- The Promoter is Firstsite whose registered office is Lewis Gardens, High Street, Colchester, Essex CO1 1JH, United Kingdom. Registered charity no.1031800.