Ferdinand | Autism Friendly Screening
Length: 106 min
Director: Carlos Saldanha
Cast: John Cena, Kate McKinnon, Gina Rodriguez, Anthony Anderson
Ferdinand tells the story of a giant bull with a big heart. After being mistaken for a dangerous beast, he is captured and torn from his home. Determined to return to his family, he rallies a misfit team on the ultimate adventure. Set in Spain, Ferdinand proves you can’t judge a bull by its cover. From Blue Sky Studios and Carlos Saldanha, the director of “Rio” and inspired by the beloved book “The Story of Ferdinand” by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson, “Ferdinand” is a heartwarming animated comedy adventure.
The following adjustments will be made, which aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
- A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism.
- Auditorium lights kept at a low level.
- Sound played at a lower level.
- No trailers or additions are played before the film.
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. However, our auditorium is large and we do not expect the screening to be full. Please feel free to move seats during the film.
- Availability of a chill out zone close to the Auditorium.
- Free entry for carers with valid CEA card.
As well as the above, the following optional additions are available:
- Ear defenders at Front Desk (subject to availability).
- You can download a social story for Ferdinand available here.
Tickets for this screening can be booked at the top of this page, over the phone (01206 713 700) or in person by visiting Firstsite.