Coco | Autism Friendly Screening
Length: 105 min
Director: Lee Unkrich
Cast: Gael García Bernal, Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Renée Victor
Despite his family’s generations-old ban on music, young Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history.
Pixar offers a joyful romp set around the famous Day of the Dead festival.
“Pixar has raised the animation bar again, with its most musical – and arguably most magical – film yet. If this is the afterlife we’re all headed to, don’t fear the reaper.” – Empire
“This engaging Pixar animation plays magnificently with elements of Mexican folklore and fine art.” – Chigago Reader
The following adjustments will be made, which aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
- A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- Auditorium lights kept at a low level
- Sound played at a lower level
- No trailers or additions are played before the film
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. However, our auditorium is large and we do not expect the screening to be full. Please feel free to move seats during the film.
- Availability of a chill out zone close to the Auditorium
- Free entry for carers with valid CEA card
As well as the above, the following optional additions are available:
- Ear defenders at Front Desk (subject to availability)
- You can download a social story for Coco available here.
Tickets for this screening can be booked at the top of this page, over the phone (01206 713 700) or in person by visiting Firstsite.