Captain Underpants (autism friendly screening)
24 October 2017 4pm
£5 Family FilmBook now
Length: 89 min
Director: David Soren
Cast: Kevin Hart, Thomas Middleditch, Ed Helms
Firstsite is pleased to be screening Captain Underpants in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment, during the October half term.
The following adjustments will be made, which aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming atmosphere:
- A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- Auditorium lights kept at a low level
- Sound played at a lower level
- No trailers or additions are played before the film
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like: you can choose where to sit when booking. However, our auditorium is large and we do not expect the screening to be full. Please feel free to move seats during the film.
- Availability of a chill out zone close to the Auditorium
- Free entry for carers with valid CEA card
As well as the above, the following optional additions are available:
- You can download this Social Story, with details of your trip to see Captain Underpants
- Ear defenders at Front Desk (subject to availability)
Tickets for this screening can be booked at the top of this page, over the phone (01206 713 700) or in person by visiting Firstsite.
Based on the worldwide sensation and bestselling book series, and boasting an A-list cast of comedy superstars headed by Kevin Hart and Ed Helms, DreamWorks Animation brings audiences the long-awaited global movie event, Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie. This raucously subversive comedy for the entire family tells the story of two overly imaginative pranksters named George and Harold, who hypnotize their principal into thinking he’s a ridiculously enthusiastic, incredibly dimwitted superhero named Captain Underpants.